Thursday 22 May 2014

Circles by Andra.




Circles.
A round shape that never stops.
The letter O, faces, holes, coins, Olympic rings.
So many circles you can see.
Circles are how we invented wheels.
It’s the shape of some food that we like,
The sun that gives us warmth and light,
the moon that could be made out of cheese.
Big circles, little circles.
Anywhere and everywhere.
You can count them one by one,
but you would never be done.
Circumference, diameter, 360 degrees.
Mathematicians use those things.
Our Earth that sustains life.
Or I would never see circles anytime.
Bottle caps, bouncy balls, clocks,
You can name them all and never stop.
I wish my ice cream and happiness would be,
an everlasting circle that never leaves. 


Aren't circles amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Andra,
    I like the flow of your poem. I also like your ending.

    ReplyDelete