Monday 30 April 2012

Bianca de Pagter: School Day Afternoon

I pack up my large school bag,
when I hear the bell ring,
I run as fast as my feet can take me,
and outside the building I see my younger sister,
who was waiting for me to get out.
We race each other down the small path beside the school,
we push each other to try and get the front seat of the car.
I got it as usual,
I tell about my day at school,
the math test, our new art activity, and the new student in my class,
I can see my home in the distance,
as we approach the drive way I grab my bag.
I jump out of the car and walk into my house,
I can see my neighbour from my bedroom window,
of course, he never notices me.
I hear my mother say "Get ready for dance!"
I grab my bag and get dressed in a pair of pink tights and a black leotard,
I put my wavy, brown hair into a tight bun.
I go downstairs, have dinner, then I’m off to dance class!

No comments:

Post a Comment