Monday 30 April 2012

Ingrid Schwecht: School Day Afternoon

The yellow school bus,
Rumbling and rolling along,
Screeches to a wild stop,
In front of our eager faces.
The clunking of our feet as we board the bus,
Is heard from all around us.
The doors close as we all smile,
Away from school we go fo a while!
What shall I do as I arrive home?
Shall I throw my dog a bone,
I am going to walk the streets,
with my friend and my dog so very petite.
I will roam this concrete jungle,
and constantly wonder
What I will do when I am 29 years old
Maybe I will one day absorb the breathtaking images of this world,
And keep them to share them with my kids,
Who will think of what they will do when they are big.
Maybe I will climb Mount Everest,
or soar above the Gobi Desert.
But right now I am just a child,
With an imagination which is rather wild,
I will read books of glory,
And keep on reading these wonderful stories.
I will eat a hearty meal,
and watch a movie
Right now I am just a kid,
with a pile of homework which is rather big.
But right now I am here, 
Right now on my bed I lie,
And wish one day I could touch the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment